To our VALUED clients:
From time that we learned of the COVID-19 virus XS Baggage has been working to maintain our transport services both within the USA and around the globe except where prohibited by government regulations in place. We have also worked in tandem with our overseas partners to seek intelligence and implement strategies where possible that will allow our shipments to continue in geographic locations that have already been heavily impacted by the spread of the virus.
The location of our head office in South Florida means we are well versed with adapting to changing conditions due to past catastrophic weather events and we are accustomed to address potential sources of disruption in our transport networks. Of course, we will comply with all government regulations and guidelines related to the containment of COVID-19.
Below are the key issues we feel that our clients should be aware of during the process of managing pending and future shipments and moves both within the USA and overseas:
- Health risks
- Transit delays / Travel restrictions
- Market pricing
- Customs clearance services
- Maintaining services for our clients
- Heath risks of using XS Baggage services – The World Health Organization and U.S. Centers for Disease Controls have indicated that the chances of the COVID-19 virus contaminating cardboard or other shipping containers is low. If there is a concern, disinfecting the shipment or using protective apparel when unwrapping the packaging will reduce the risk of exposure. For further please visit the World Health Organizations Q&A on coronaviruses (COVID-19) and the Centers for Disease Controls and Prevention’s FAQ on the issue.
- Transit delays / Travel restrictions – COVID-19 has created an environment that in select geographic markets such as China, Italy and South Korea has severely impacted the normal transit times for our services. All the same, our account management and local customer service representatives are available to tailor a plan based on the specific needs of your shipping requirements taking your transit needs into account. Contact us today.
- Market pricing – COVID-19 has created challenges for airlines and carriers around the globe with flight cancellations increasingly common and cargo capacity changing by the day. We are working hard to maintain price stability to the best of our ability and will continue to offer pricing options that will prove viable for our customers. XS Baggage maintains strategic partnerships with top air, ocean, and ground transportation providers which offers flexibility, access to capacity, service reliability, and multiple service options depending on your needs.
- Customs clearance services – By and large with certain exceptions in the most highly impacted areas Customs clearance services have not been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 virus. Of course this situation is fluid and could change and to the extent possible XS Baggage will work to obtain exceptions that allow our shipments to continue in spite of any regulatory hurdles.
- Maintaining services for our clients – All of XS Baggage office-based employees are able to telecommute and will continue to provide normal support and services to our valued customers and partners around the world.
Please contact us if you have any other questions or concerns about shipments. We will directly contact customers who have shipment impacted with updates when we have them.